Tuesday 30 May 2023

Thank you Ankara!

Thank you Ankara!        

        I was pleased to be part of a program that brought new values to my life and those around me. Interesting it is that you choose to go into this program without knowing a lot of details. Being my first project, I honestly didn't know what to expect, I only know the experiences of those around me, which encouraged me to participate.

Today I am talking to you about my experience and what I have achieved in these two months that I was in a foreign country. Turkey gave me a lot of knowledge about my Romanian language, I understood better the meaning of the words taken from the Turkish language. I was pleasantly surprised to realize that we share many similar words. I got to know my identity better by understanding the words I took from these people. Also, the traditions are taken from this country, being similar to those of the Romanians, indeed they have changed but come from the same place. I fell in love with the Turkish dances that reminded me of my childhood and the band I was a part of.

The fact that I had the opportunity to know the traditions of Turkey helped me to understand more the importance and connection with which people open up. For example, when I went to visit the victims of the earthquake, I noticed the joy despite the situation of the people who shared food and danced together to make their day better. They were so happy by our presence that they invited us to eat with them and dance.
    Volunteering brought me closer to people and I began to understand the difficulties they face. I never thought how important my work could be for those around me. It is a pleasure to have the people around me. This experience opened up new opportunities for me, I created new friendships with people from all over the world.

       It's very interesting how an individual from a safe social environment who knows a lot of things and knows himself, comes to discover a variant of his personality that he was not aware of. Through my experience, I realized that an individual can adapt to the environment. Maybe in my case, it was a positive adaptation because it helped me gain some different perspectives on my position. 


C. Diana