Thursday 20 October 2022

Life changing experience in Ankara


It`s monthly sharing from Anastasiia. I`m ready to share my first impression about volunteering with you. I`m a short-term volunteer in a Turkish organization called ANDER. Today it`s my twenty-ninth day in Ankara. This perfect time that I`ve spent here already gave me a lot of emotions, thoughts, motivation and the most important FRIENDS.
 Alloraaaa! Let`s start with activities. I had an opportunity to meet amazing  Turkish children. I do like children because they are the best example of  how to be easygoing, build relationships easily, tell truth,  and keep a positive mood. Besides, I worked in the office; honestly, it  was my first experience. Now l have a chance to enjoy the office atmosphere. I felt like at home from the first minute there.
I`ve already said about the most important part of this project. Obviously, it`s people for me. Anyway, we live together. That`s why our relationships play an important role. I`m thankful that I`ve met such outgoing and kind people. I enjoy talking with them every evening. We are from different countries and cultures, but despite this, I have to feel that I have known them for a long time, and we have been friends since childhood.  I especially love cooking, eating, walking, or laughing together. For example, we had a Ukrainian culture evening in the second week. 

  
 At first, we prepared everything, then we had dinner together. We discussed different topics. Oh, I almost forgot, we were listening to Ukrainian music. I can`t imagine our team without songs, gerçekten. What about a meal, we cooked Ukrainian deruny. Interesting fact that that deruny was the best one I've ever cooked. I hope everyone liked the meal as well. By the way, we try to discover Ankara and its different streets every day.

Recently we had a trip to National Library, but it was closed. Luckily it didn`t become a problem for us because we decided and go to the mall. But before shops, we had the opportunity to see many BAKANLIK. I suppose it was ministry street. Walking this street I finally realized that I was in the capital of Turkey.

For now, that is all I wanted to share with you. I hope next month will be active and successful. I really want to get new knowledge. But we will talk about that in my nextblog. It will be soon so as time goes very fast.
See youuu!