Tuesday 25 October 2022

New Adventure in a Beautiful City

Before joining the project, I had many thoughts; I would admit 
that they weren't good thoughts; I was a bit worried about meeting new people, doing new projects, and traveling to another country with which I was unfamiliar with its language.

All these doubts disappeared from the first day, the hosting organization was so welcoming and comforting, and I felt relieved. Living in Turkiye seemed easier than expected because, you know, you have someone you trust and turn to. After a while of meeting the other volunteers and living with them, It felt like it was my second home, and they were part of the family, and like we had known each other for a very LONG TIME! It felt light, lovely, and calming. We would work together, make our own videos, and even go on amazing trips together.

The thing is that I never felt tired! Whether working, volunteering, or going out, never, it just became a natural habit.
I spent almost 2 months in Ankara for the project; it passed so fast, and we did many things.
Every day is like a new beginning, adventure, and new things to do! Our team used to do food delivery, which means packing the food and delivering it to immigrants in need; it's a humbling experience, it gives you a new perspective in life, makes you rethink your opportunities and future, and makes you thankful for everything you have and don't have to.

Also, another activity we used to do was going to kindergarten, playing with kids, and doing some.
English activities and helping out the teachers there, being around kids might sometimes be tiring yet definitely rewarding on the soul level; you feel like you're filled with positive and good vibes; after all, they are kids with incredible energy that they share with everyone.

This short-term project is almost over, and despite all my initial doubts, it's one of the most beautiful, unforgettable experiences in my life.