Friday 26 August 2022

BENİM ANKARAM

Ankara, benim Ankara, this is how I feel about Ankara since the first day I landed here. Benim Ankara means my Ankara, it felt like I am part of this city, I mean when I mention Türkiye to my friends, the first thing they think about is Istanbul, İzmir or Antalya, but Ankara won’t be one of the list, although it’s the capital, shocking right? But it feels nice, much friendlier than Istanbul. Taxis here are way better than there, it’s funny why would I mention Taxis, but for real? Istanbul Taxis are crazy and that is the most polite way to describe them, yet here are more respectful, and they don’t take advantage of you being a foreigner and the idea behind it that you have “Euro/dollars” believe me when you come to Türkiye you will see the difference.


My days here in Ankara are amazing, the people I met here through the project I can call them now after one month only that they are one of my closest friends! We got along easily and fast, with the same open-minded mindset, and we have a lot of interests in common. We spend most of our time together, whether working, hanging out, making food/eating and even traveling. Being away from the family in a new country that doesn’t speak your language is not easy, it is hard yet friends make it easier and familiar, they make you feel like home again.


Here are pictures of us on one of our adventures to Eskişehir for a one day. It was a memorable day, including walking and walking and walking. We walked a lot that day to discover the city and make sure that we saw it all before leaving, because who knows? We might never see it again, so we made the best of our time there. That’s our motto here, it’s numbered days for us here with our friends and we have to enjoy it the most!