Monday 29 August 2022

HELLO FROM ANKARA!

Hey, I am Fabiana and I want to tell you about my unforgettable experience in Ankara that I will never forget. It's started with late flight, delay, I didn't sleep for 1 day, I was exausting, I wanted to sleep so much, to be in Istanbul and then to go with the bus until Ankara. But it wasn't so easy for me because I don't know Turkish and all I did it was to translate a lot of sentences with Google translate.

I thought that it will be so complicated to get to Ankara and I will get lost and because of it I was calm and I was expecting something much worse. It was a little bit difficult for me to handle my luggages because they were more heavier than me. 

 

First impression of Ankara: is so different than Istanbul, a lot of buildings and few attractions tourist. In the beginning I didn't like the city so much, but now I really like this vibe. Local cafes, delicious food, Turkish sweets, a new culture, beautiful language and polite people. The city is beautiful and is good for a student or volunteer, I like to be here. I met new people with different culture, nationality and also I improve my English because I talk with them in English. It's a good opportunity to know English better because they don't know my tongue language, that's why I always should talk in English. Turkish is harder, but I learn new words in order that I have Turkish course every week. It's so interesting to study this language, I like it.

Furthermore, I am so grateful for having good friends that helped and support me every time I need. I spent unforgettable moments with them, they are from Hungary, Romania and Irak. My closest friend is from Hungary, I love to spend time with her, we have the same vision of life, things that we like and the same style. Also, my friends are bigger than me, they help me to develop and to be mature, it’s an amazing opportunity to grow up and to learn new thinks and skills.

What can I say about food?

I like Turkish sweets, especially baklava with pistachio and pismaniye, it’s not healthy because contains a lot of sugar, but it’s delicious and sometimes I broke the rule. The food is good, but it’s too spicy for me, my favorite are: menemen are lahmacun.

In a nutshell, this month was the best in my life, I have many memories, a lot of people that I know now and for sure I will miss them. I am thankful that I have kind people in my life with good energy. I saw stunning places that it will be forever in my mind and soul, I will never forget all of these.