Monday 6 March 2023

My Second Month in Ankara

 Hello, my friends.

My last month in Ankara is going to the end and I wanna share how I spend my second month here.

First of all, I definitely decided on my favorite activity. This is work in a kindergarten. There you not only give, but also receive. You get incredible smiles from children, their sincere hugs and kisses. My heart melted when they called me teacher Angelina and tried to speak English knowing that I don't understand Turkish. I still remember how in the evening when we were already standing at the bus stop and waiting for the bus, one girl from my group ran up to me, hugged me tightly and said see you tomorrow. I already miss my children very much.

The second month was filled with many holidays, and it started with Christmas, as well as an Italian week during which a girl from Italy introduced us to her Christmas traditions. We watched Christmas movies together, baked cookies, danced and sang Christmas carols. The next holiday was the New Year. We met him together, prepared incredible dishes, exchanged gifts. The day was filled with laughter, tears and only happiness. I definitely believe that if my year has started this great, then it will be an incredible year for me.

Of course, I continued to discover Turkish culture in the future. Taste Turkish food, sweets, communicate with Turkish people, listen to music and just enjoy every moment. My acquaintance with Turkey continued in Istanbul. The city that is forever in my heart. A city where dreams come true. There, I met sincere and kind people who helped, supported and made my three days there filled only with positivity and joy. If you will be in Istanbul, here are my top things to do:

- Drink Turkish tea and taste San Sebastian cheesecake

- See the sunrise on the embankment

- Explore the city at night from the sea using a ship

In Istanbul, I cried from happiness, and I can definitely say that this is the best trip of my life.

These two months became a different life for me. They changed me forever, showed my strengths, improved my weaknesses. They showed that nothing is impossible, when one door closes, others will open. I realized how many beautiful people there are in this world, how much light and goodness. Don't think everything was perfect. Challenges were also enough. But it is when you encounter problems, or rather tasks, that you learn to solve them and then you understand that you can solve any problem. I thank everyone who walked this path with me, my beautiful girls and everyone who made this volunteering full of happiness for me.

Sincerely yours,

Angel