Wednesday 29 May 2024

Aysu`s last month in Ankara

Hello everyone!

I am at the end of my project and will tell you about my experience.

I couldn't get used to it at first, but now I've gotten so used to it that I don't want to go.

Let me tell you how my second month went.

In the second month, some of my friends' projects were together, and they returned to their own countries.  New volunteers came from Portugal and Azerbaijan. We started shooting videos for YouTube during our office days.


We shoot videos about ESC and volunteering on YouTube.  For everyone to easily reach the questions in their minds.

Our shooting days and office days are very productive. You can watch our videos on YouTube

Thanks to these videos, my English accent has improved, and I have become more comfortable in front of the camera.

Let me tell you more about our Culture Nights.

We gathered together one day with the Food Delivery team.  They told us about Turkish traditions and culture.  We all sang folk songs together.  It's been a fantastic night. Someone we know invited us to his mother's house so that we could prepare Mante ourselves and see Turkish culture more closely.

He taught us how to make Mante, and we made it ourselves. 
Then we set up a very nice table and ate together.  We drank tea and tasted Turkish delights and Turkish desserts.  They were such friendly people; they hosted us very well.  I have never seen Turkish culture so closely. I will never forget that day.

We also had a Portuguese culture night.  Leo, from Portugal, cooked her country's food, showed us the national dance, and explained what it was like.  As long as I was here, I got to know the cultures of so many different countries. It was beautiful.


  I learned new things, gained new experiences, and made friends from other countries.

This month we went to a few Turkish universities.  We attended several conferences, one of them for volunteer projects.  In fact, at a conference, we told university students about our experiences, how we applied to this project, and what we learned.  I loved attending such meetings because we met people from different countries and backgrounds, and I learned new things from each conference.

Eskişehir is our new city to visit this month. Before we went to Eskişehir, we had researched what to do and where to visit. We thought that 1 day was enough to visit, so we didn't stay. It was the birthday of Fidan, who is our teammate from Azerbaijan.  We pretended we didn't remember and celebrated her birthday in front of the fairy tale castle in Sazova park at her favorite place.  She was startled and happy.  She didn’t expect it.