Wednesday 29 May 2024

Results of short-term volunteering

 Hello, beautiful people!

Are you ready to know more about my volunteering experience?
So l can`t wait to tell you about my second month in the capital of Turkey. It`s my last month of short-term volunteering. That`s why l`d like to sum up all my knowledges, insights and experience l got on this project.

First of all, l found a lot of beautiful people. Or they found me, l don`t know:)
Turkish people are so amazing. I`m impressed by their hospitality and openness to guests. Last week we were invited by our Turkish friend. His mother was teaching us how to cook mantı. As a result of good teamwork, we got a lunch.  Me and other volunteers ate mant
ı with different sauces prepared by ourselves and I can say that  it was really tasty. 

  Our team enjoyed not only the cooking, but also the warm atmosphere. For this three hours in this house l was feeling like at home. It reminded me family lunch with my parents and relatives. I`m very grateful for this opportunity and hope that it wasn`t the last such experience.


What about my knowledges except mantı of course? One of the biggest achievements for this month is public speech. Three times I was telling people about my volunteering experience and in general about ESC. The best part on this events with Turkish youth is that l was lucky to meet very clever and active people from different parts of Turkey. When l came here l had some goals and expectations. One of the main goals was discovering Turkish culture. Who can help better with this than citizens? That`s why every time l`m very excited about new acquaintance.


If I started talking about Turkish people, l can`t skip my friends. Once on food delivery we met volunteers, who helped us. They were so nice so that after this nice meeting we became good friends. On the weekends we spend free time together drinking tea, coffee, singing songs, watching movies and enjoying warm conversations about everything.



My experience in Turkey is also about discovering new places. Last week our volunteering team had a trip to Eskişehir. I`d like to share my impressions  shortly. I really liked this city because of beautiful nature and places. Most of all I was impressed by museum of modern art. It was pleasure to spend there two hours there. Then we were eating çığbörek. We have the same meal in Ukraine but I liked Turkish version more honestly.


So my second month in Ankara was full of new experience, knowledges and people. I explored a lot of new sides on myself and l`m happy that this place gives me inspiration for new learning and developing my skills.