Wednesday 29 May 2024

Hello! My name is Aydan

Hello!
My name is Aydan, I came from Azerbaijan to Ankara for a short-term volunteering program. My journey started on the 1 st of June and my adventure began. I have been in Ankara for almost a month, but it feels like it was just yesterday. In the following lines I`ll try to explain my life here. During this time, we tried to help people in the dormitory where earthquake victims stayed. This experience was unforgettable for both me and the people going through this challenging period. During the time we spent together, we played games with children, helped with meal preparations, and assisted in diversifying toys and clothes. Another one of our enjoyable activities was practicing English conversation at the Keçiören Youth Center. These lessons provide young people aged 18-24 with an opportunity to improve their language skills. We believe that English is an important tool for international communication, so we think these lessons will greatly benefit the participants. By sharing our own experiences, we give students the chance to understand that learning a language is important, has maney advantages, can be fun, and is not impossible.
Furthermore, among our activities, we are also offered lessons to improve our Turkish speaking skills. We have a great teacher for teaching Turkish, who uses different teaching methods to teach the language. It not only helps us improve our language skills but also aids us in understanding Turkish culture.The cultural night events we organize here also receive considerable interest. In these events, we have the opportunity to introduce our own civilization and cuisine. I also tried to promote Azerbaijani culture and provide people with information about this unique culture. I presented our traditional sweets and dishes, aiming to reflect Azerbaijan 
cultural heritage. Through these events, we have created a wonderful environment to meet different cultures and increase our understanding. This experience I have had within the scope of the Erasmus project provides a great opportunity for me to support those in need and learn about cultural differences. Throughout my time in Ankara, I had the chance to develop myself and help others. This experience has not only enriched me personally but also provided me with an international perspective. The Erasmus project is a fantastic platform that brings people from different countries together, enabling them to understand each other and develop a sense of global citizenship. This experience continues to be an unforgettable journey for me. I have met wonderful people here, and each of them has so many stories to tell. I am glad that I participated in this project.