Tuesday 4 June 2024

Traveling in Turkey while volunteering ?

Traveling in Turkey while volunteering ?
Hi everyone I’m Molka , 23 years old Tunisian ecological Designer , this is my second month in Ankara ( It’s july 2023 ) and I want to share with you my experience in traveling during volunteering .During this volunteering program i had the chance to discover turkey , of course you can say how did you manage your money ? specially you know we only receive small amount as pocket money .. but this experience teaches me how to manage my personal expenses .first month is the month where you test yourself .. what you can buy what you can cook .. food packaging here in Turkish so sometimes you think it’s a product then you discover it’s something else or with a different taste ( it happened to me and after that i ask my friends who understand turkish ) .. then according on
how you want to spend the holidays ? you want just to discover something you never saw or you love mountains or the sea and which type of sea here you have a choice.. for me it was easy my friends who knows my choice they were here       
before and helped me with good recommendation. My first trip was to Istanbul i was alone no internet just i have whats app conversation between me and best friend , the magic of traveling alone and following your spirit and intuition is what i lived . i discovered new places other than my friend suggested , met people who became now my friends , built new connections , loved Istanbul on my way . ‘the most valuable experience that you live in your life is when live it alone 'and experience that 
 ‘ and for me i love my company and i enjoy spending time alone . i went to princes island and there i had such wonderful experience crossing bosphor first time with bus going to the Asian part and when i came back i asked another bus driver he showed me the ferry it was waaw the with sunset and also in this small trip i had new friends. Second month i went to İzmir! Oh İzmir my recovery ! i'm from Mediterranean and i struggled the fısh , nı sea, nothing is similat to my preferences in Ankara ! but when i went to izmir i felt home! actually Izmir trip was more expensive but different . in each trip i meet new people that they becomes my friends , i met too girls that later they showed me other parts from Izmir as local people . All i want to say in this articis if you learn how to calculate your money , and you set your priorities so you can do whatever you want .of course you will not be in a very luxurious trip , you may prevent yourself from some stuff , it depends on each person preferences , for me i had two only goals : discover istanbul and izmir . but i didn’t planned to anything else . i limited my budget for other things and i choose traveling . for me if you have small budget you have to search more in airbnb , choose a cheap bus (i didn't choose comfort) the is more important .cook for yourself it’s cheaper but also you can try some specific or local things . get to know people they may help you they may make your trip more comfortable. negotiate when you feel is someone is trying to use you because you don’t understand the language . learn some words : left right , how to go ? how much ? some numbers ... and always have internet to check bus or any transportation , for example in my izmir trip i went to cecme which is a place you can go to with special bus that Google maps doesn’t show you , but local people knows , from where it will pass , where to find it ...
Generally human beings they attract who they are , if you are a good person looking for adventure you will attract good people who will help you , and be part of your adventure . and the most important is to let go and enjoy that you are volunteering and also discovering this country .