Friday 3 March 2023

Dream Came True

Hello, guys. My name is Angelina I`m 19 y.o and I`m from beautiful country Ukraine. I`m already spent 1 month like volunteer in Ankara in Ander NGO. It was incredible month full of positive emotions and new meetings. To be honestly in the summer I dreamed of visiting Turkey. I really love this culture, language, and I am also a fan of Turkish TV series. And now I am here, so I can confidently say that my dream has come true. 

The first two weeks seemed incredibly busy. I was lucky to meet wonderful people from several European countries who came to Ankara as part of a youth exchange and training course, where I helped with organizational aspects.

This month I discovered Ankara for myself. Turkish cuisine, language and people I fell in love with every aspect of Turkish culture. My acquaintance with Ankara began with a visit to Ankara Castle. A stunning place with an incredible view, especially at sunset. I can say that this is definitely my favorite place here.Therefore, if you will be in Ankara, do not forget to visit it. Of course, I did not discover Ankara by myself, but with my incredible volunteer girls, who helped me acclimatize faster in a new country and feel like at home. We spent an unforgettable time together, walking the streets of Ankara, tasting Turkish food, every day full of smiles and laughter. Our dances to various national music and, of course, watching Christmas movies will forever remain in my head.


During this period as a part of Anderu, I tried myself in different roles. As a video blogger, SMM manager, editor, director, operator and even a kindergarten teacher. And one of the most vivid memories was, of course, the press conference at the Ministry of Youth and Sports of Turkey. Where we and other volunteers talked about ESC volunteering and shared our experience with Turkish youth. At that moment, I felt like a minister hahahahaha.

 

In general, I can describe this month with the word NEW. New emotions, new acquaintances, new experiences, new memories, but I think the second month of my stay here will bring me no less happiness. Let's see...